Thursday 1 October 2009

A plan of action


So with a bit of reading under my belt (which also included a PRISM book on Home Insulation - see image left - I found on my own shelves that I bought in 1981 when we moved into our previous house) I drew up a list of what I could tackle in my own home.

1 Attack draughts – from windows, doors, chimneys, cupolas
2 Re-consider the whole area of double or secondary glazing on those windows (we’d actually started on this a while ago – see below)
3 Increase the depth of insulation in the loft – and deal with the cupolas
4 Change as many light-bulbs as I could to low-energy bulbs
5 Monitor our energy use more closely and use this to reduce our daily energy usage
6 Look at whether we could generate any of our own energy or at least get the sun to produce hot water for us

No comments:

Post a Comment